Dine is an original dating app launched by Mrk & Co that helps singles to quickly find a match for dining out. It focuses on real meetings ASAP rather than endless messaging. It works in all biggest cities worldwide, but the majority of users are concentrated in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Vancouver. The app received several official rewards and a famous publishers’ appreciation.
- “Date request” feature allows to meet immediately
- Perfect for hook-ups or finding buddies for fun
- Virtual coins turn into real discounts in bars and cafes
- Gold membership guarantees at least 1 date a month, otherwise the app provides 3 months for free
- Every member can choose 3 main favourite locations (bar/cafe/restaurant) and find a match for going there
- It can be either an intimate date with the candlelight or a fun party that includes friends
- The introduction field is double longer than on Tinder which gives a better chance to make women like you
- The “Smart” section allows to adjust the compatibility feature more precisely
- 5 matches a day are suggested automatically
- Too many notifications popping up and there’s no way to turn them off
- Facebook profile can be hidden only for females and only in a paid option
- The database isn’t sufficient so far
- Messaging is impossible when both users are free members
- The matches expire in 24 hours so it’s necessary to check the app often and take all chances quickly enough
- Women still have to be convinced by you that you’re worthy of going out together, and it should be done in a short time
1-month Premium plan – $27.99
1-month Dine Gold – $64.99
10 coins – $24.99
30 coins – $59.99
100 coins – $179.99
300 coins – $399.99
Related Article: Top 10 dating apps for single gays
Dine app may seem a perfect platform for gourmets, but we all know hookups are more attractive for men than plain eating, and they aren’t happy about any extra spendings. Dine can be good for casual dates but not so good for saving the money. It is costly itself, not only membership-based but also credits-based, and it brings you to the fine place where you have those glamorous photos. It’s indeed a roulette, that Dine, and you’re only going to appreciate it if you’re a lonely bored businessman with a zest for adventures and risk!
It’s no surprise that female users strongly prevail on Dine. Who would refuse from fine dining with a fine man? There’s something gallant and old-fashioned in that, but don’t get us wrong, people can hit the bar with the help of Dine app as well. It’s much more modern and less pathetic.
The overall idea is pretty good, and as dating experts we always value smart unusual features. There are plenty of them on Dine. The developers also did a great job weeding out the scammers. Even their complex system of payment is a filtering measure, although in all other cases we would call it a warning sign. Another strong side of the app is technical: it works well, without freezing, crashing, or showing errors on every step. The only annoying thing is a big number of unnecessary notifications that are popping up all the time. But to be honest, it’s nothing in comparison with the ads and bots torturing the users on other platforms.
Dine team still has to work more on the base of members, attracting more of them in every popular region. They recently launched the app in biggest cities of Japan, for instance. Once their database is vast and stable everywhere, the number of positive reviews will increase accordingly. For now, it’s rather an expensive virtual game, but already with certain real results.
As a summary, we would recommend Dine to all socially successful and/or financially stable people of any age who prefer instant dates to long messaging and psychological quizzes.
Best Dating Apps Free: List of Top 3 Dating Apps for 2019
Overall 4 stars
Price 3 stars
Features 5 stars
Communication 4 stars
Safety 5 stars
Customer Support 5 stars
Size: 113.4 MB
Current version: 1.4.1
Last updated: December 27, 2018
Requires iOs: 9.0 or later
Requires Android: 5.0 and up
Age rating: 17+ (Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes)
Email address: [email protected]